These tacos bursting with flavor are one way to refresh from the inside out. This vegetarian recipe features Padrón peppers, which are small and tend to be mild (especially earlier in the season) with a delicious smoky taste and silky texture.
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 pint-sized container of Padron peppers
- 4 big squash blossoms
- Handful of sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup queso fresco cheese
- 2 limes, halved
- Olive oil
- High-quality sea salt
- In a small saute pan, heat the olive oil and saute each of the ingredients separately, putting them on a warm plate as they’re finished.
- Season each veggie with salt, and a few drops of lime juice.
- Once your veggies are cooked, heat the tortillas in the same pan.
- Put the veggies on top of the tortilla, crumble on the queso fresco, and serve with your favorite salsa or other accompaniments.